Claudia, which system are you referring too?  I have one of the Life-
style 25 surround-sound systems that we have had for about five or
seven years and we love it.  I am wearing a pair of Bose Tri-port
headphones and I really love them and they are the most comfortable
pair I have owned.
So, your question is are they good and that is purely in the ear of
the beholder.  I have to say that I have been very impressed with most
of their products and the products I didn't much care for was their
computer speakers, the Media-Mates or whatever the heck they called
them. They have a new pair that costs some real money, but haven't
heard them.  Now if your referring to the Bose Wave Radio, they are
from what I gather very impressive and not horribly hard to operate.
What makes the Bose products so great is the engineering involved in
reproducing the sound quality they do in the size unit.  I personally
find their products to be reasonable in terms of cost for what you
get.  Some items are a bit steep I also have to agree, but after all
that babbling, my recommendation to you is either go see one in
person, order one with the understanding you can return it in 30 days
if your not satisfied, or visit someone who has such a unit.
Unfortunately, it is hard to get a feel for this type of product in a
store, so it is nice you get the 30-day return and you can charge 12
payments to your credit card, so you don't have to fund the whole
thing up front on your card or get a card/loan from them. :)
I know that wasn't overly helpful, but it is a tricky question to
answer and I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions.  It'll come down to
whether you enjoy the sound to the point your willing to pay for it. :)