Lenny, I can't remember for sure but do those batteries have an expiration
date or a date of any kind on them?

-----Original Message-----
From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Lenny McHugh
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 7:15 PM
To: handyman-blind
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] talking tape measure

I found this quite interesting. I think that I need a battery tester. A few
weeks ago my Cobalt stopped working. This one is actually broke. I then took

my backup that was repaired a year or so ago. Put in a brand new battery and

it did not work. I then assumed that it was never correctly repaired so
ordered another. When that one arrived I put in another new battery from the

package and it did not work. It gave some off the wall numbers. I was
planning on returning all three units. Two for repair and the two day old
one back to Maxiaids since it did not work when I opened it.
The other day at Sam's Club Karen purchased a pack of ten 9v batteries. I
put one in the new unit and it works great. Today out of curiosity I put
another new one in the backup and it works great. I never thought that a new

pack of batteries would have two bad ones in the pack of two.
The one that stopped working a few weeks ago was not fixed with a new
battery. That unit will shortly be going across the big pond.
---
Please visit my home page; it is motivational, inspirational and humorous
with many resources for the blind.
http://www.lennymchugh.com
Lenny
Please Copy and Paste into New Message to pass along. Use BCC line when
addressing.
Help stop identity theft.

------------------------------------

blindhandyman-ow...@yahoogroups.com
http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_p
age&PAGE_id=33&MMN_position=47:29
Or

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/handyman/

If you would like to join the JAWS Users List, then visit the following
address for more information:
http://www.jaws-users.com/