  From: Max Robinson
  To: Blind Handyman
  Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 12:51 AM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] New Band Saw.

  I finally got the new band saw put together. There really wasn't much to
  put together, the table had to be mounted and the stop at 90 degrees to the
  blade adjusted. The tracking and alignment adjustments were right on out of
  the box. They didn't give much guidance on where to set the blade tension.
  They spent a lot of ink telling how to turn the knob but didn't say where to
  set it. One of the methods they talked about was to pluck the blade like a
  guitar string. Trouble is they didn't even say what pitch to set it to.
  That I could have coped with. The table came with a miter gauge which is
  pretty useless due to blade drift. Does anyone have any hits on minimizing
  it? I started making a triangular block to use as a single point ripping
  guide and while making it I think I learned how to make a cut without it.
  While looking through my modified monocular I cut a little then back up to
  see where the kerf is relative to the line and make a correction if
  necessary. It leaves a lot of saw marks but everything I have read says
  that happens anyway even to fully sighted band saw users.

  Regards.

  Max. K 4 O D S.

  Email: m...@maxsmusicplace.com

  Transistor site http://www.funwithtransistors.net
  Vacuum tube site: http://www.funwithtubes.net

  To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
  funwithtransistors-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

  funwithtubes-subscr...@yahoogroups.com