Why don’t you just throw some of that majestic ice melt up there?

From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Dale Leavens
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 11:26 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Fwd: Speaking of icicles!!

There may be no direct heat source but, might there be sun warming the porch
or was it maybe stuck on to keep cold entering the house through the door in
which case it is also harvesting heat from inside the door.

The snow on the roof will insulate the under side of the decking from the
cold above so heat from below will melt the snow immediately above the roof.
Well until the water runs over the eve where it is cold and freezes again
forming the dam.

It might also be that the leak is where the roof of the porch meets the
house depending on how that structure was built.

If I was Han Solo I'd probably pet my wookie