Hi Claudia,
I have those in both of my bathrooms and love
them. Depending on where one lives they may be
costly, but here I can get a replacement for
about $200. When we had to replace a washer in
our tub faucet, I priced a replacement because it
was a good possibility that the enclosure was
going to get cracked in order to get to the
problem. It didn't crack for which I was most grateful.

Having had tile and cleaning it for years, I
would put another enclosure in if something
happened to ours. What is your son using to
scrape it? It's not easy. Perhaps you can remove
the problem before it gets any worse. Maybe you
can remove anything from the bathroom that is sharp.
Betsy