Hi Alan,

I have purchased at least one of those gas stoves with the buttons for the
oven controls. My wife took the stick on bubbles to mark the important
buttons (buttons? Rather the space where you need to press) and it worked
out quite nice.

Most gas stoves are set so the oven comes on at 350F when you start and
pressing the up or down button raises or lowers the temp by 5F.

I also like the cast iron grates for the pots. On the electric stoves that
fifth burner is only for holding something as it does not get hot enough to
really cook anything.

One thought, if your area is subject to frequent power outages the
electronic ignition is not all that great an idea. If there is no
electricity you have no oven - unless - you have an inverter which you can
plug your stove into then you could have enough electricity to light the
oven. When we had the great ice storm in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 2007 I sure wish
I have been able to use the oven because it was blamed cold for the two
weeks we had no power.

Cy, The Anasazi