Dan Rossi here.

WOW, what a thread. The vehemence surrounding a silly little thing like F-12 verses insert-t is amazing. In JAWS, insert-t is for the title of the window I am in. Title, T. There are only 26 letters in the alphabet and a few modifier keys, so some things are going to get relegated to odd key mappings. Is insert-f12 a better keymap for Title?

Luckily, JAWS does make changing key mappings pretty customizable. So, If I want insert-t to be time, I think I can do that.

I'm still firmly grounded in Windows, but have interest in Linux. I still use Pine on a unix box for my email, but would never give up FireFox on Windows for browsing in text mode.

Sorry, to come out of the blue, but the key mapping thing just seemed to be so silly with as much anger as it seemed to promote.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi