At 13:32 +0200 24/5/07, Egon Willighagen wrote:
> > I think this way will be easier for clients and servers alike.
>
>It would not be too difficult to support this in Bioclipse.
>
>> If the link resolves to an RDF description or a GRDDL-able HTML page you
>> could retrieve additional metadata as well.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>
>Yeah, I have seen CMLRSS used at more occassions to publish a full
>database. I do not feel this appropriate use of CMLRSS. Maybe it is, but
>running it on a large database is going to give problems.

See my previous post.  It would be silly to use  CMLRSS to express
a full database

>I my view, the area of application of RSS and CMLRSS is news, either about
>publishing new blog items or news headlines or new additions to
>molecular/crystal databases.

Agreed!   Or, as  I wrote earlier, if the  CMLRSS is generated from
a selective query (which could be, show me the latest  15 additions
for molecules with this sub structure).

>For other applications, we need to look at true RDF.

although  CMLRSS can be used for this purpose.
--

Henry Rzepa.
+44 (020) 7594 5774 (Voice); +44 (0870) 132 3747 (eFax); [EMAIL PROTECTED]

(Voracious anti-spam filter in operation for received email.
If expected reply not received, please phone/fax).