[uucdigest]           Monday, March 13 2000           Volume 03 : Number 426



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| For all available Digest commands including unsubscribe/subscribe,
| visit the BMW UUC Digest page: http://www.uucdigest.com
| Send SUBMISSIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| Complaints?  Send 'em to [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you must.
| Visit http://www.bubbaclub.com
| www.bimmers.com - "serving enthusiasts on the 'net"
| Visit http://www.bimmer.org - ultimate BMW bulletin boards!
| Subscribe to the Zionsville Autosport Parts Digest:
|   http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com/majordomo.htm
�����������������������������������������
In this BMW UUC Digest:

       [uuc] Oops: E38 Wheels FS, not E32
       [uuc] Re: <E36M3> Brake work question
       [uuc] <F1 ramblings> Hobbs, the 320 turbo, and S14 history
       Re: [uuc] Movit Brake Kits
       [uuc] Bell Sounds
       [uuc] CD Changer

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:52:10 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [uuc] Oops: E38 Wheels FS, not E32

> > I have three 16" E32 7 Series wheels for sale, in very good condition. 
These
>  > are just the regular ol' factory alloys off an early 740i. No centers. 
$35
>  > each, buyer pays all shipping charges, but I'll meet you within a 
> reasonable distance. I'm in Taylor, PA.

Sorry guys. These wheels are for an E38, not an E32. BMW calls them 
Exclusiv-styling, others call them bottlecap wheels.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 23:07:33 -0500
From: Neil Maller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [uuc] Re: <E36M3> Brake work question

On 3/12/00 4:23 PM [uucdigest] [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 16:00:28 -0500
>From: "Silviu Marghescu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: [uuc] <E36M3> Brake work question
>
>Is there a trick to removing the front brake calipers?  I was in the process
>of upgrading the front rotors to the floating type, but couldn't get the two
>caliper mounting bolts off.  I don't have a lift, so the car was on 
>jackstands, 
>making it quite hard to apply enough force to get them moving.  The torque
>spec on these is 81 ft-lb, so they should be tight, but not like this...
>The car is only 2 years old, so rust should not be a factor.
>
>Thanks,
>Silviu
>
>98 M3

The trick is to use a long breaker bar and a lot of force. As you point 
out, that's hard to do with the car only on jackstands, and not much room 
to work. The other trick is to wear heavy gloves, because when that bolt 
lets go you're going to lose some skin off your knuckles otherwise. Ask 
me how I know...

Neil - now I use air tools
96 M3

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:32:23 -0800 (PST)
From: Carlos Lopez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [uuc] <F1 ramblings> Hobbs, the 320 turbo, and S14 history

OK you trivia nuts & Rosche fans can help me out here.

During the F1 race on SpdVsn when the cameras finally focused on the
BMWs, David Hobbs gave away a little piece of history.  He started
talking about Nelson Piquet, his 1983 season winning Brabham-BMW F1
car, and the engine.  He said he had helped develop that engine during
the '77-'78 seasons in a 320 Turbo.

Now if you have seen the BMW M Power show, they tie that F1 race engine
to the S14 when the video carries over to the Touring car racing years
of the E30 M3.  So if you're still reading (zzzzzz), my question is, is
this all factual information?  The S14 started out as the 320 Turbo's
engine?  The history behind the engine intrigues me.

Carlos
91 M3
PS  Did everyone notice no more Derek Daly?  I did miss his energy,
could picture him yelling, "look at this, look at this", as Schumacher
stepped aside to give Barichello the lead. :-)  Bob Varsha needs to
learn to pronounce last names though, otherwise a great replacement.  


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:39:57 -0800
From: Jim Powell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [uuc] Movit Brake Kits

?!?  I was going to call you to order the rear kit.  Now that I got by
the school at Buttonwillow.  What's up?

Jim

Steve D'Gerolamo wrote:
> 
> Effective immediately, Ultimate Garage will no longer be selling or
> supporting Movit brake kits or replacement parts.  They are now available
> through a new company, Movit North America, Inc.  The new web site should
> be up and running shortly.....a link will be available through Ultimate
> Garage.  SD
> =========================================
> Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
> 201-262-0412 / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / http://www.ultimategarage.com

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 01:26:03 -0600
From: "Celisa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [uuc] Bell Sounds

This is the second day I have noticed that I've heard a bell go off in my
car. Its like a ping sound. I thought what is that. I'm thinking I might
have set a memo. I'm not sure, but I noticed today at 3PM it went off. But
yesterday I thought that I might have heard it, but not sure. If this is not
the case, as anyone heard a ping sound like a bell in there car? This is a
99 328is. Thanks for all responses.




Best Regards,
    Celisa

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 01:31:37 -0600
From: "Celisa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [uuc] CD Changer

I'm thinking I might have found the right guy to install my CD Changer. I
will go and check it out, this guy friend of mine checked him out, and said
he was great. He even told my male friend that there had to be a correct
adapter. He also asked if I had a navigator in my car. I don't think so, but
I not sure, I suppose I need to check out my owners manuel. I will go early
saturday morning and check on that. At least mentioning the adapter sounds
he could be on track. He will install the Alpine for about 350 or so, and do
the Pioneer for 425 or something like that, he said something about the
navigator as far as the Poineer? I would think they are different brands,
but would work basically the same. Thanks for your expert advise. And if I
didn't ask, you do live here in Texas correct? If you know of a dealer other
than the dealership that it can be done cheaper but also correct? If you
don't know, and don't think I need to go to this place, I surely won't go,
don't want to screw things up. Thanks so much for all answers possible.




Best Regards,
    Celisa

------------------------------

End of [uucdigest] V3 #426
**************************

_________________________________________
| Please visit these UUC-approved BMW parts vendors/service providers:
| (listed alphabetically)
| Bonneville Motorwerks . http://www.bonnevillemotorwerks.com
| Circle Tire Co. (used & classic BMW parts) e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| Curry's Auto Service .  http://www.currysauto.com
| Eurosport . http://www.eurosport-hp.com
| Koala MotorSport . http://www.koalamotorsport.com
| Taylor BMW - http://www.taylorbmw.com - Doc Bimmer!
| The Ultimate Garage . http://www.ultimategarage.com
| UUC Motorwerks . http://www.uucmotorwerks.com
| Zionsville Autosport . http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com
����������������������������������������

Reply via email to