[uucdigest]          Tuesday, March 14 2000          Volume 03 : Number 437



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| For all available Digest commands including unsubscribe/subscribe,
| visit the BMW UUC Digest page: http://www.uucdigest.com
| Send SUBMISSIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| Complaints?  Send 'em to [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you must.
| Visit http://www.bubbaclub.com
| www.bimmers.com - "serving enthusiasts on the 'net"
| Visit http://www.bimmer.org - ultimate BMW bulletin boards!
| Subscribe to the Zionsville Autosport Parts Digest:
|   http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com/majordomo.htm
�����������������������������������������
In this BMW UUC Digest:

       [uuc] Cargo Nets
       Re: [uuc] 5 series body style
       [uuc] Cargo nets
       [uuc] Re: [uucdigest]Radar detectors
       [uuc] RE: How do I...
       [uuc] 1999 318ti Service Manual
       Re: [uuc] Cargo nets
       Re: [uuc] RE: How do I...
       [uuc] RE:Cargo Nets
       [none]
       RE: [uuc] RE: How do I...
       [uuc] Emergency, need E36 M3/MZ3 front swaybar endlinks
       Re: [uuc] RE: How do I...
       Re: [uuc] RE:Cargo Nets
       Re: [uuc] RE: How do I...
       Re: [uuc] RE: How do I...
       RE: [uuc] Status of S52 Engine in M Coupe
       Re: [uuc] Re: Cargo Nets

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:07:06 -0500
From: "George, Zachariah (CICG Development)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [uuc] Cargo Nets

I'll buy a "P"
:)

Zach
> ------------------------------
> 
> Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:38:37 -0800
> From: Jerry Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [uuc] Re: Cargo Nets
> 
> Gee, I travel and rent cars too, but the cargo nets I "find" in the
> rental cars *stay* there! There's a word for your friend's behavior, I
> think.... :^)
> 
> - -jerry
> 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:09:11 -0500
From: "Pat Donahue" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [uuc] 5 series body style

PTG once built a 550i using a V12.  The guy who owned it was on this list a
couple of years ago.  May still be.

Geeeze

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Matthews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>
> From: Binder, Larry - Paoli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > Hello all,
> > I am starting to like the 5 series BMW body style, allot.
> <snip>
>  Only the 540i is available in a 6 speed right?
> >
>
> And the 550i ;^))))
>
> Bill matthews
> 00 MGeeze (550i)

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:08:03 -0400
From: Roger Langille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [uuc] Cargo nets

Damn. To think I went out and paid good money for one.

What I want to know is why have the rental agencies been so freakin' quiet about their 
"rent a car and get a free cargo net for yourself and your well-healed buddies" 
program.

Anyway, we finally have an answer to the "missing spare wheel" phenomenon. The lucky 
dealer simply opened the trunk and said,"lookee here, I found a wheel and tire. And, 
bonus, it's Finders-Keepers Day!!!"

Roger Langille
 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:33:36 -0500
From: "Joseph C. Volpe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [uuc] Re: [uucdigest]Radar detectors

I have the new Solo and the old one from before Cincinnati Microwave was
sold. I actually find the Old one more sensitive.

Joe

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:46:21 -0500
From: "George, Zachariah (CICG Development)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [uuc] RE: How do I...

This kind of question, on a public forum
scares the bejeesus out of me!

What exactly is the objective here?

Zach
E36 owner...

> ------------------------------
> 
> Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:37:58 -0500
> From: "VITOLO_JONA"@LNMTA.bentley.edu
> Subject: [uuc] How do I break into my E36?
> 
> I remember last week someone was posting about how to break 
> into E36's. I was
> playing around on my car tonight and I got as far as popping 
> the hood and
> getting to the fusebox. What would they do next? Obviously 
> the car would be
> locked. Wouldnt pulling the fuse make the system inoperable? 
> Which fuse is it_i
> saw 7, 36, and 43. What do you do from that point?
> 
> Thanks in advance
> Jonathan
> 
> 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:35:30 -0800
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [uuc] 1999 318ti Service Manual

My wife just bought a 1999 318ti (only made for about 3 months, I believe), and
I'm looking for a service manual.  Bentley has a 1992-1998 3 series book that
seems to list about every model except the 318ti.  Does anyone know if it's
useful for the 1999 318ti?  Or an alternative manual?

- --Lynn Brandhorst

'99 318ti (secondary custody)
'95 525i
'85 325i
'81 633csi (recently departed, RIP)

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:38:05 -0500
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [uuc] Cargo nets

Roger wrote:
>Anyway, we finally have an answer to the "missing spare wheel" phenomenon.
The lucky dealer >simply opened the trunk and said,"lookee here, I found a
wheel and tire. And, bonus, it's >Finders-Keepers Day!!!"

Works with CDs also, especially if they're by your favorite artists.  Don't
leave your Brittany Spears or 'N Sync CDs laying about like Weishaar does.

hmm they left my Wang Chung and Freedom Rock tapes alone.

- -Carlos
91 M3

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:39:58 -0500
From: "James Sheridan-Peters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [uuc] RE: How do I...

> This kind of question, on a public forum
> scares the bejeesus out of me!
>
> What exactly is the objective here?

An honest individual would be looking for ways in and figuring out ways to
stop them from working.  A dishonest individual would be looking for a
step-by-step guide to successfully breaking in to a BMW.  Personally, I don't
think either discussion is appropriate for a large, open mailing list.

If you really want to know the issues, talk to a security system specialist
one-on-one and let him/her try to sell you their services and/or products or
at least educate you somewhat.

- --
James Sheridan-Peters
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
'98 323is National Capital Chapter
'85 SCCA Spec RX-7 #00

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:43:26 -0500
From: "George, Zachariah (CICG Development)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [uuc] RE:Cargo Nets

I rather like "pilfer"
:)

Zach
> ------------------------------
> 
> Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 12:18:44 -0500 (EST)
> From: Moe Drippins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [uuc] Re: Cargo Nets
> 
> > I was in a friends garage a couple years ago and I spotted a
> > big box with about 50 cargo nets in it.  I asked him where
> > he got them all and he said that he travels a couple times a
> > month and finds them in the trunks of the GM cars he rents.
> 
> So you mean he steals them.
> 
> 
> 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:46:38 -0500 (EST)
From: Ned Coonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [none]

Tim,

It's no different. The guy is a thief. Sometimes it's easy to tell. This is
one of those times.

...ned.

- ---------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:43:25 -0500
From: "Tim Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [uuc] Re: Cargo nets

>>I was in a friends garage a couple years ago and I spotted a
>>big box with about 50 cargo nets in it. I asked him where
>>he got them all and he said that he travels a couple times a
>>month and finds them in the trunks of the GM cars he rents.
>>I dug through the box and found a double sided one for the
>>Range Rover tailgate and a couple regular ones for the Range
>>Rover load area and the M5 trunk.

I don't want to get all moralistic and stuff, but how is this any different
than walking into your local stealer, opening the trunk of a car on the
showroom and taking the net?

Tim T

______________________________________________
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
Sign up at http://www.mail.com?sr=mc.mk.mcm.tag001

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:50:10 -0500
From: "Cagann, Alexander" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [uuc] RE: How do I...

> This kind of question, on a public forum
> scares the bejeesus out of me!
> 
> What exactly is the objective here?
> 
> Zach
> E36 owner...


I think it's the dude who test drove the S4.  :-)

Alex Cagann
88///M5...um, black

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:00:37 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [uuc] Emergency, need E36 M3/MZ3 front swaybar endlinks

I am in need of two E36 M3/MZ3 swaybar endlinks (the long style) for an event 
this weekend and can't seem to locate any.  Any help, new or used or even 
temporary loaner, is appreciated.

I had converted my SCCA Z3 coupe to this style connector using the BMP Design 
adj. endlinks, but at my last event the combination of the 1.4 g lateral load 
and the thin nut they supplied resulted in the bar shearing off the threads 
of the nut on the adj. tie-rod end connection to the bar; it was all I could 
do to keep the end connected to the bar to get through the race and the 
resulting slop may for some hairy tailslides  :-).  They will have to be cut 
off and I've been too busy with work to do this to determine the proper 
replacment size/thread adj tie-rod ends.  Stock E36 M3/MZ3 parts will do if I 
can locate them.

Mark Sipe
(334) 324-1701
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:04:21 -0500
From: ben keyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [uuc] RE: How do I...

"Cagann, Alexander" wrote:

> I think it's the dude who test drove the S4.  :-)

actually, it's the guy who's father drove (drives?) in the CART
series, so he's not likely to be out boosting M3's ;-)  he mentioned
this a few weeks ago.

it would have made a bit more sense to the group if he had mentioned
why tho.



Ben Keyes

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:07:56 -0500 (EST)
From: Moe Drippins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [uuc] RE:Cargo Nets

George, Zachariah (CICG Development) writes:

> > > I was in a friends garage a couple years ago and I spotted a
> > > big box with about 50 cargo nets in it.  I asked him where
> > > he got them all and he said that he travels a couple times a
> > > month and finds them in the trunks of the GM cars he rents.
> > 
> > So you mean he steals them.
> > 
> I rather like "pilfer"

Diff'rent strokes, I s'pose. It still smacks to me as being "illegal"
and "unethical".

- -- 
Just Moe
'95 540 6 speed, BL/SS
BMWCCA Peachtree Chapter

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:10:38 -0500
From: "Peter Sterne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [uuc] RE: How do I...

He should be killed 8^)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Regards,
Peter Sterne
'93 325is (go ahead, steal it 8^)
'91 Miata SE (you gotta figure out how to break into my garage first!)

"Cagann, Alexander" wrote:

> > This kind of question, on a public forum
> > scares the bejeesus out of me!
> >
> > What exactly is the objective here?
> >
> > Zach
> > E36 owner...
>
> I think it's the dude who test drove the S4.  :-)
>
> Alex Cagann
> 88///M5...um, black

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:14:40 -0500
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [uuc] RE: How do I...

>actually, it's the guy who's father drove (drives?) in the CART
>series, so he's not likely to be out boosting M3's ;-)  he mentioned
>this a few weeks ago.

>it would have made a bit more sense to the group if he had mentioned
>why tho.

I don't remember seeing this on this list originally.  It started on
another list who's messages sometimes end up on this one.  Point was to
secure your front turn signals as an added security measure. (zip tie)

- -Carlos

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:04:59 -0500
From: Don Eilenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [uuc] Status of S52 Engine in M Coupe

Annoder Don asks:

>What is BMW's plans for the S52 engine in the M Coupe & Roadster?

To put the new one in..

>Will
>the M Coupe and Roadster get the new M3 engine.

Yes. And hopefully the residual value of the '99 M coupe
will drop like a rock and I'll get to buy out my lease.. :-)

FWIW - reports I've seen (no actual road tests) indicate
that the new engine will not improve (or make major diff)
0-60 times, but will help top end - which is of no use
in the USA.

I've found my current M-Coupe to have adequate power :-)

>TIA
>Don


...................................................................
Don Eilenberger, Spring Lk Hts, NJ JMP#1  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NJ Shore BMW Riders web page: http://www.monmouth.com/~deilenberger
"You're absolutely right, and I apologize" --Darryl Richman
"Silly me... I apologize."  --Tim Hall  "Sorry..."  --Magwa
...................................................................

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:06:44 -0500
From: Don Eilenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [uuc] Re: Cargo Nets

Moe sez:

>> I was in a friends garage a couple years ago and I spotted a
>> big box with about 50 cargo nets in it.  I asked him where
>> he got them all and he said that he travels a couple times a
>> month and finds them in the trunks of the GM cars he rents.
>
>So you mean he steals them.
>
>
>- -- 
>Just Moe
>'95 540 6 speed, BL/SS
>BMWCCA Peachtree Chapter

Bet he also has a nice collection of cigarette lighters, mebbe
wiper blades and floormats - probably hotel towels and ashtrays..

Can we say sociopath? I knew we could!


...................................................................
Don Eilenberger, Spring Lk Hts, NJ JMP#1  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NJ Shore BMW Riders web page: http://www.monmouth.com/~deilenberger
"You're absolutely right, and I apologize" --Darryl Richman
"Silly me... I apologize."  --Tim Hall  "Sorry..."  --Magwa
...................................................................

------------------------------

End of [uucdigest] V3 #437
**************************

_________________________________________
| Please visit these UUC-approved BMW parts vendors/service providers:
| (listed alphabetically)
| Bonneville Motorwerks . http://www.bonnevillemotorwerks.com
| Circle Tire Co. (used & classic BMW parts) e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| Curry's Auto Service .  http://www.currysauto.com
| Eurosport . http://www.eurosport-hp.com
| Koala MotorSport . http://www.koalamotorsport.com
| Taylor BMW - http://www.taylorbmw.com - Doc Bimmer!
| The Ultimate Garage . http://www.ultimategarage.com
| UUC Motorwerks . http://www.uucmotorwerks.com
| Zionsville Autosport . http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com
����������������������������������������

Reply via email to