Hi David,

On Sun, 2011-10-09 at 12:22 +0300, David Nelson wrote:
> Your arguments resound with the sideways logic and suave patter of a
> dishonest used car salesman combined with the moral values of a
> larcenous banker. :-D

        This is totally out of line; even with a smile. Tone is really
important to attracting and retaining developers - far more so than
documentation, and this -really- lowers it.

        I very strongly suggest, that you don't tell a core developer that it
is impossible for him to have become one because he can't possibly have
understood the code without design documentation, when it turns out he
didn't need it :-)

        There is a very high risk of looking silly here. Somehow the discussion
turned into an argument, (via flat contradiction), and that  a
pointlessly polarised one, and I hate that. There is something in what
you're saying, and a huge weight of experience behind what Norbert is
saying.

        This is usually best fixed on a high-bandwidth, interactive,
inflection-full medium - IRC or phone I guess.

        All the best,

                Michael.

--
michael.me...@suse.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot