Hi,

to sum things up as I have an impression they are diesred:

- We would nominate Thorsten as election officer (who then would step back as MC deputy),
- and we would like to elect 5 members and 2 deputies in the new MC,
- and we don't want to freeze membership applications.

Please, all BoD members, cast your vote on these topics in case you haven't yet.

What we should agree on soon is whether to run the vote just now and wait with the legal set-up until the Foundation is in existence, or whether we take the existing MC (needing a deputy for Thorsten, since he's in the BoD already) and have a gentlemen's agreement that they step back on let's say effective July 1st.

I am in favor of this solution. André, did the MC discuss that during yesterday's call? In case we go with the July-1st-solution, all current MC members need to agree to be willing to serve in the legal body of the future Foundation and be mentioned in the founding documents.

I'm pushing here a bit since November 4th, on which your timeline is based, is close.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Board of Directors at The Document Foundation