Hi Andreas,

On 31/03/2022 14:49, Andreas Mantke wrote:
Hello,

Am 28.03.22 um 14:01 schrieb Florian Effenberger:
Hello,

The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat
holders (not including deputies). In order to be quorate, the vote
needs to have 1/2 or more of the Board of Directors members, which
gives 4.

A total of 4 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote.

The vote is quorate.

A quorum could be reached with a simple majority of 3 votes.

Result of vote: 4 approvals, 0 abstain, 0 disapprovals.
Decision: The proposal has been accepted.

once I looked over this decision making process, I find it striking that
only four BoD members participated. And also is remarkable that among
this participants are only long time TDF members and members which have
are part of LibreOffice ecosystem development companies or their
contract partner.

And because the starting point for this attic proposal (and its first
use case) is LOOL (online) it is not the best management, if members
with a potential CoI around this first use case participate. I'd expect
they abstain.

That the attic proposal has been pushed to archive LOOL, IMHO, is clear but is there any CoI at this stage?

That's a vote on the text, which still has room for improvement, not a vote to archive LOOL.

I proposed to open up the repository for 12 months and see if the community is still interested in bringing it forward or not and then, non CoI'ed directors, could vote on it's archival or not.

But independent from this, it is sad to see that there seemed to be
already no consent inside the board between the members connected to
LibreOffice ecosystem companies and the other members at the start of
the new BoD term.

Sorry but it seems like there are visions for the future of TDF that sometimes diverge quite a bit and yes heated discussions still happen.

I think it's very important that members of the community participate more so that all members of the board understand which direction our community want us to follow.

Regards,
Andreas

Ciao

Paolo

--
## Free Software Advocate
## Plone add-on developer

--
Paolo Vecchi - Member of the Board of Directors