On 23.11.2022 12:12, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Dear community,

Hello Thorsten, hello all,

as announced during LibOCon, and subsequently discussed in the ESC,
here's the formal adoption proposal for the "WollMux" template / form
letter / mail merge engine / Java extension, from the City of Munich.

discuss (for those, I copy the developer list).

I would like to ask some questions but I'm keeping the dev-list out for not disturbing them. @Thorsten, please, feel free to pull the dev list again in if you think that their feedback is needed too.

My memory of WollMux is a bit rusty and I had a look at the source code on GitHub[0].

# Topic: license
The license is "EUPL-1.1" but looking at some of the subfolders I found for example also mentions to GNU LGPLv2 [1]. Did the ESC (or anyone else) make an analysis of the source code looking for other licenses mentioned? Could it be possible to make use of the REUSE[2] project started by FSFE? In the potential move under the TDF umbrella, is there any plan to also re-license it following the usual licenses of LibreOffice?

# Topic: naming and conventions

I'm aware that there's an ongoing translation from German to English.
In this translation and renaming, is there any plan/agreement to also look at harmful and exclusionary language[3]? For example, looking at the GitHub project the main branch is called "master". Some comments are also affected by a similar non inclusive writing like for example here [4] where the comment states "the bookmarks aren't deleted and the user is request to confirm, that he wants to create a" and there's the assumption that the user can be only a male.

# Topic: pull requests and issues

## pull requests
As per today, there are 8 open pull requests[5] and some of them are in German. Is there any plan to translate the content or close the PRs in German and reopen new PRs in English? Some of the existing pull requests use a tag "trac" but I could't find any reference to this naming convention? Is this something private that the mentioned maintainers from 2 organizations will take care of document? Could it be possible to know more about those tags?

## issues
As per today, there are 14 open issues[6] and some of them are in German. Like for the case of the pull requests, is there any plan to translate the content or close the issues in German and reopen new issues in English?

# Topic: security
The security policy[7] seems to be not defined. Which is the agreement here? Are the two mentioned maintainers supposed to take over everything or WollMux will also be covered by the LibreOffice security[8] policy? With that amount of lines of code I suppose the ESC should have a clear view of the status of the project. The jenkinsfile is mentioning the integration with SonarQube[9] for the the security scans, is there any plan to also move the SonarQube setup under the TDF infra?

# Topic: localization
The proposal mentions the move of the localization to Weblate. There's also an open issue intended for modernizing the localization environment from "one config file" to .po files[10]. Which is the potential timeline for having the localization on Weblate? Is there any ongoing discussion with the L10N team at LibreOffice? Should the L10N community consider also WollMux as a priority project to be translated with high priority like LibreOffice (UI, Help, Guides)?

# Topic: support
The main WollmMux website[11] has a link to a catalog on JoinUp[12] that describes WollMux as an extension for OpenOffice. Is this just an old catalog description or WollMux is really intended for working with both LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice (and it will need to support both?)
On which operating systems WollMux is suppose to be supported?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Happy hacking,
Marina

[0] https://github.com/WollMux/WollMux