On Sep 27, 2017, at 9:02 PM, Rom Walton <r...@romwnet.org> wrote:
> More than one graphics application can be running at a time, hence why the
> graphics application log file ended up in the slot directory.  Just creating
> a single user specific subdirectory isn't going to lead to a happy place.

Good point.

> It is supposed to be cleaned up when the slot directory is cleaned up.

Unfortunately, that greatly reduces its usefulness, because it will often be
deleted before you might even think to check it, as I wrote before. But you are
correct that my proposed change may be useful only for the default screensaver
graphics app (boincscr), which should never have multiple instances running
simultaneously.

So I don't have a better solution for the project graphics apps than putting
them in the slot directories.

Cheers,
--Charlie