On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Richard Haselgrove <
r.haselgr...@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> Berkeley has outsourced the distribution of Linux clients to the package
> maintainers for individual distributions, for several years now.

Laurence is the release manager for Linux, I suspect he knows about all of
that. :-)
But even if the distro package maintainers release these versions, they
also do so first for testing and can then still ask people to report their
results on the Alpha project. Their source code is still coming from github
as well.

-- Jord van der Elst.