Hi all,

I made a time tracking application for our small firm about one year
ago with Zap and upgraded to BOLTwire. Now I wonder if I can use the
info or logging functions to make the thing smoother.

It consists of a couple of forms and custom functions. Main thing is
that everyone in the firm uses a form to track times which are spent
on different projects. Each entry is a single page, times and remarks
are stored in data fields on the page. Every page url is created via
the form with variables like user.date.starttime.timestamp. A custom
function takes the time entries and calculates minutes spent on the
task.

For accounting all entries are retrieved via a couple of search and
template pages. First, user and date (from-to) are retrieved. Second,
a custom function opens the selected pages, retrieves the minutes and
calculates a sum.

Sometimes the entries are changed later, assigning them to other days
or other tasks. Choosing another day requires deleting the file and
create a new one, because of the urls.

All in all I collected around 3600 pages in 12 months. Speed is ok, no
complains here, except of starting the application first in the
morning. But it is nearly impossible to create a backup regularly.

One solution would be to save not all pages in one folder but to save
them in individual folders (like months). I remember that Dan gave a
solution for that, but unfortunately I lost that posting.

But I would feel better if I would be able to store the data of the
6-12 individual pages per user and day in one list. But I have to able
to retrieve single lines from these lists to allow changes.

Any ideas here?

Greetings, Martin
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to