On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 6:05 AM, alinome.net <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hi Dan, nice to hear from you. We know sometimes your're very busy.
>
>> I'll try and kick in some time too, when I get a chance. I have a few
>> ideas for improving things.  But in the meantime, know your help is
>> greatly appreciated!
>
> Glad to help. I'd like the docs to reflect the current state of the
> code, othewise it's very hard for people to start
> using BoltWire. I myself found many difficulties on the way because
> the lack of explanations and examples. As a programmer, I clearly saw
> the BoltWire's potential since the first moment, and that made me
> persevere, but I'm afraid many people with no programmer background
> simply quit after the first tries. That would be a paradox, because
> the BoltWire's exceptional features make it specially suitable for non-
> programmers. The engine makes it possible to build web apps without
> being an expert programmer.

Yes, that was the whole vision behind BoltWire. And you are right,
good documentation is the key.

> I think now the docs are more important than adding (or removing!)
> features. I suggest to restrict the developing to bug fixing and
> changes that don't affect the docs, till the docs are tidied up.

Agreed. Of course development has slowed significantly over the last
month or two, largely focused on very minor enhancements, bug fixes
and the like. I have no plans for any major new features. And if we
do, would be inclined to put in a 3.xx beta release or something.

Not only the docs but also snippets and plugins--many of which are outdated.

> Maybe we could think about the hierarchy and notation to organize the
> docs, to make sure nothing is duplicated or in the wrong section.
> Maybe there's a way to automate the whole thing a bit, I don't know
> how.

I'll post something along these lines later today or when I can--for
feedback. I have some interesting ideas.

Cheers,
Dan

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to