I have been researching the bandwith problems at BoltWire and have
found a bit more information.

First, though I have several sites running on my account, 99% of the
problem is BoltWire. It seems we are getting a significant amount of
traffic. I've set up some traffic monitoring software and should have
a better idea soon what is actually happening. But it may be we are
just maxing out our capacity. I know every time I go there round the
clock, there's a half dozen people or more using the site. Guess it
adds up.

Second, all the pages are being constructed in about 1 sec, or less,
which seems reasonable. No long delays or drags according to the
server logs.  I think that's probably about as good as we're going to
get. I've uploaded the latest fixed software (to speed up the cron,
etc) and we've still been bouncing. I really don't think the problem
is the code at this point. It seems pretty optimized, as best I can
tell via the stopwatch function.

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions about better hosting options.
Are there places that might do free hosting for free software projects
like this--and give us adequate bandwidth?  I'm not keen on a bunch of
advertising, but we need reliability.  And I definitely don't want
BoltWire dragging down my main production sites.  At the very least
I'll probably have to setup a second hosting account, but thought I'd
ask for recommendations first, before sinking some money into this.

Will probably release the next version over the next few days, if I
get some time.

Cheers,
Dan

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to