I overlook about the difference between "info tags" and "info report".
By using "info report", I can do the sort=lastmodified easily.

While talking about info function, I prefer using the info.* files one
purpose per file, "info.count" records the count data, "info.rate"
records the rate data, "info.tags" records the tag data...

I haven't test yet, but if BoltWire could combine those, say, the most
rated page in some tag value, that would be great.

Cheers,
linly

On 2月3日, 上午12時59分, The Editor <[email protected]> wrote:
> If you are doing [(info report sort=lastmodified...)], yes, because it
> taps into the search function which will sort things---assuming the
> info is a list of page names for the info fields. (ie, the fields must
> exist).
>
> Otherwise no. Because there is no lastmodified information in the info
> page itself. It's all just fields and values... That's why it's so
> fast. It doesn't have to (normally) scan any pages or use a big index.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan
>
> P.S. I've been doing a lot of advanced stuff on my site involving data
> mining (where I create info pages of certain data dynamically) and
> have toyed a bit with the idea of being able to store more than one
> data field in a info value, like:
>
> some.page: data1#data2#data3
>
> We really only need to settle on some kind of data delimiter (a
> default, configurable, obviously) and some way to extract the
> appropriate part.  Maybe {info::some.page#0} or something. I'm open to
> suggestions. This could take the info vars up a whole nother notch,
> making it possible to do all kinds of new things...
>
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Linly <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Btw, Is it possible to use "sort=lastmodified" in [(info)]?
>
> > Cheers,
> > linly
>
> > On 2月2日, 下午9時22分, Linly <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> > Hey, you are right... Good point!  Can also use for posts with recent
> >> > comments or whatever. It is also very fast.
>
> >> Fast, really fast. Comparing to use [(search)], I use [(info)] to find
> >> 50 matching pages cost only one third of time to display the result.
>
> >> linly
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to