At 06:02 PM 10/29/2002 +0100 Sonja van Baardwijk-Holten wrote:
> My opinion on listmail is that if you don't
>like what somebody has to say, ignore it. People have a right to an
>opinion, fortunatly others have just as much right to ignore it. Use
>that right. Use filters, be it just mere mental or state of the art
>electronical, you are equipped with them for a reason.

Thank you for your interesting, calm, and reasonable thoughts.

Unfortunately, the problem with your sentiments is that some people go
absolutely bazooka if you  simply  choose to let subjects drop that you no
longer care to pursue, let alone kill-file them, or ignore them.

Thus, it seems that a certain list-member's rejection of your above
sentiments - ie the rejection of the principle that one listmember has the
right to ignore another list-member - is the source of the current angst
among the rest of the listmembers.

JDG
John D. Giorgis         -               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
People everywhere want to say what they think; choose who will govern
them; worship as they please; educate their children -- male and female;
 own property; and enjoy the benefits of their labor. These values of
freedom are right and true for every person,  in every society -- and the
duty of protecting these values against their enemies is the common
calling of freedom-loving people across the globe and across the ages.
                -US National Security Policy, 2002