At 10:07 PM 10/29/2002 -0500 Jim Sharkey wrote:

>John D. Giorgis wrote:
>> SWING VOTES:
>> Ireland, Mexico, Guinea, Cameroon
>>
>>Yes folks, the fate of the world may well rest in the hands of
>>Guinea or Cameroon, should Ireland or Mexico choose to abstain from
>>voting.
>
>This kind of statement is an example of why some nations think the US is
arrogant.  God forbid a pathetic backwater like Cameroon have any say in
what happens in the world.  It's not like they live in it or anything.

There's difference between giving the Cameroonians a *say*, and giving the
despot of a tiny, one-party, banana republic the decisive vote on the
morality of intervening in Iraq.

I'd support the former, but right now, we're stuck with the latter - and
find it fairly amusing.

JDG
John D. Giorgis         -               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
People everywhere want to say what they think; choose who will govern
them; worship as they please; educate their children -- male and female;
 own property; and enjoy the benefits of their labor. These values of
freedom are right and true for every person,  in every society -- and the
duty of protecting these values against their enemies is the common
calling of freedom-loving people across the globe and across the ages.
                -US National Security Policy, 2002