Robert Seeberger wrote:

> [...]

I'm guessing that that's what happened in some of the races, that one
included.

Given the various records of the candidates for statewide offices,
that's the *only* explanation I can come up with on some of those
victories.  :P

> > Being black is a net negative.  How else can you explain the low numbers
> of
> > blacks in the Senate?
>
> Perhaps blacks have produced fewer good candidates so far?
>
> Not many people would vote for Jesse Jackson based on his message.

I think Rob is right on this one.

        Julia

just my $0.02 to add to the Texas senate race debate