----- Original Message -----
From: "Alberto Monteiro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: Admin: Server access blocked

> Reggie Bautista wrote:
> >
> >> And his behaviour in the past days, with mailbombing,
> >> lawsuits, and forged headers, make him a very
> >> tasty target! Who's better to be harassed as someone
> >> who screams and shouts?
> >
> > So you don't think there should be consequences for
> > his actions?
> >
> Yes - cause and effect. But the punishment should
> be comparable to the offense.
>
> > Or do you think the consequences should
> > be something other than being temporarily banned from
> > posting to the list?
> >
> Why was he suspended in the first place? AFAIK,
> it was for some reason that *did* have a precedent
> before, from other people.

Who else has repeatedly posted offline email in its entireity?

Who else has repeatedly reacted to someone failing to respond to email by
personally insulting said person?

Who else has repeatedly called for the permanant ouster of another list
member because they either didn't respond to posts or responded offlist?

And, that was just the short period leading up to moderation.  If you
really want to make a case for person X behaving no differently than
persons A-W, yet being singled out, then I think you really have an uphill
battle.

Dan M.