I finally did it. Finished the bathroom late yesterday evening. First I
had a little run in with the tile cutter I borrowed from my father in
law. Either I am too stupid too operate that thing or it is junk. After
ruining half a dozen tiles I finally ended up hiring one. Nice big heavy
thingy. With that I finished the tilecutting within three hours. I love
hiring machinery. You get big machines that actually work very well and
a nice looking cute store clerck that explaines them too you ;o).

After finishing the tiling I noticed that I mangled my hands into
unusabillity for a while, because I forgot that anything that goes under
or between tiles has a very high pH and essentially desolves your skin
if you stay in contact long enough. Once it was finished however
eagerness got the better of me since the only job left was hanging the
toilet. I simply had to go for it. The bloody thing was tricky but
eventually we had it into the right position with all the connections in
the right places. Had to deconnect it again because I forgot to put the
noise dampening foil between the pot and the wall. After that we even
only managed to drown the bathroom floor once with a leaking toilet
flushing connection. So second time we had to take the damn thing down.
But after that it went up without a hitch and wasn't leaking. Putting on
the lid was the finishing touch and also very easy. Now I can finally
relax and enjoy the brandnew tub and sit and ..eh.. you know what ... on
the hanging toilet. It all works. Three cheers for me...... eh ... and
the supporting cast. <BG>

Finally I can conclude from this that it was absolutely more work then I
had thought, but in all it is fully worth it. And for all those
potential bodgers out there... go check the stores before you start on
anything. There are tons of new materials around and machines for hire
that make a lot of jobs easier. And be sure to cross check with other
sections in the store, because sometimes things can be used for more
then what they were originally intended for. (like f.i. you can use
household gloves for doing tiling, effectively protecting the skin on
your hands and such ;o) )

I think I'll quit typing here. My fingers hurt like hell and I cannot
use all of them, so besides agonising it is also slow going .... the
typing of course.;o)

Sonja :o)