--- just john <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[I wrote]
> >And ask the Angosians about tinkering with their
> >soldiers neuropsych' profiles!  (Next Gen episode:
> the surviving veterans were permanently quarantined
> >because of their aggression.)  As Evil Overlady
> (the government) I would not make such a foolishly
> >dangerous mistake.  ;)
>
> Okay, if we're talking examples from fiction,
> howzabout the Spice, in Dune?
> (And Dune Messiah and Children of Dune and Overgrown
> Psychic Slug of Dune
> ...)
>
> That seemed to be addiction in service to
> Government(s).

<stomps feet and waves arms wildly>
No No NO!!!  *I* am the Overlady!  I will not allow
such monsters to be!  <sputters incoherently then
slowly dissolves in toxic water tossed by a spunky
street urchin and her little worm Tutu...>

Hmm, I wonder how the Bene Gesserit thought their
machinations turned out?  <evil grin>

Addictions R Us Maru