Jon Gabriel wrote:

> >From: Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: Re: Brin-L Chat No More?
> >Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 11:40:19 -0600
> >

> <major snippage>
>

> >Should be called "MS-DOS Prompt".  With a red, blue & yellow icon.  And
> >when you have the time to do so, you *really* ought to have a shortcut
> >to it on the desktop.  (Then again, I'm heavily prejudiced in favor of
> >having a CLI available, so take that into consideration when considering
> >my advice.)
> >

> CLI... CLI... CLI... CLI?
>
> So, I'm guessing "Command Line Input"?  (Cuddly Loving Iguana seemed... less
> likely). :-)

Interface.

GUI = Graphical User Interface, IIRC.  If I don't RC, someone will
correct me.  :)

I went on an explanatory tangent about the difference between the two
for the benefit of my mother just yesterday.  She's happier with a
straight GUI.  I like at least having *access* to a CLI; I think better
in that space sometimes.

My father thought that GUIs were just a passing fad.  My mother didn't
have a computer until 12 years after he died.

        Julia