At 09:21 26-12-2002 -0600, John Horn wrote:

> >Under Windows 98 I think it is called "MS-DOS" or something
> like that.
>
> And is apparently located somewhere else.

How about "Start", "Run", type in "command".  "OK".
That gets you the DOS screen, but then you still need to type the command to start Telnet and go to the chatroom. Might as well type the command in the "Run" box then.

Click "Start", "Run", type in "telnet mud.sloansteady.com 2102" without the quotes, then hit Enter.

Or you could just download, install and configure a MUD client (see www.brin-l.com for details); after that, access to the chatroom is only a few mouseclicks away.

Jeroen "Tech Support" van Baardwijk

LEGAL NOTICE:
By replying to this message, you understand and accept that your replies (both on-list and off-list) may be published on-line and in any other form, and that I cannot and shall not be held responsible for any negative consequences (monetary and otherwise) this may have for you.