In a message dated 1/22/2003 12:33:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> The
> reality of pro sports is that winning is all that matters.  By watching and
> going to games, we contribute to this, and must share the blame.  In short,
> we set up a structure in which only those teams that do
> this meet with our
> approval.
Well I have to disagree even if that does make me weeny (my last post showed my true
colors. I referred to Pride and Prejudice; I watched the older of the two the two BBC
versions over the weekend. I like the Lizzie better in the old version)

But I digress. I watch for the fun of it. When the Giants got jobbed a few weeks ago I
was upset for say 15 minutes. When the Jets got killed it bothered me until Alias came
on. I am a life long Yankees fan and when they lost to the Angles I morned for a day.
But I enjoyed all of these games. I used to be much more emotional about sports. When
the Knicks lost to the Rockets in NBA finals I could not watch most of game but then
it finally struck me that this was destroying my enjoyment of the games. It may have
mattered very much to Patrick Ewing that he did not win an NBA final but guess what it
did not alter my life one bit. So I watch the games for fun. The win at all costs
mentality is not necessarily for the enjoyment of the games nor is necessary for
financial success