At 07:06 AM 2/4/03 -0800, Nick Arnett wrote:
> [...]

In journalism, rule No. 1 is "Get the story right," and rule No. 2 is "Get
the story first."  Reporters get in trouble when rule No. 2 takes over...
and even worse trouble when neither one those is No. 1.

And in TV news (Do we dare call it "journalism"?), one of the biggest questions is "Where's the conflict?"

(Fewer years than you in the field, but sufficient for my needs.)

('Cause then, all the stories tend to be No. 2.)

So many responses.  So few printable.

;-)

-- Ronn!  :)

Almighty Ruler of the all,
Whose Power extends to great and small,
Who guides the stars with steadfast law,
Whose least creation fills with awe,
O grant thy mercy and thy grace,
To those who venture into space.

(Robert A. Heinlein's added verse to the Navy Hymn)