At 08:01 PM 2/27/03 +0900, you wrote:
I learned BASIC, COBOL, then Pascal and FORTRAN simultaneously, then PL/I
and IBM 360 (yep, that long ago) Assembly Language.  My favorite language is
still Pascal though I have never seen it used outside the educational
community.

I once worked for a company where a fair amount of their software was originally written in Pascal.

I have progammed over half a million lines of FORTRAN on a VAX
11/780 using DEC's Fortran-77 and a few thousand lines of VAX assembly.

Okay, that's a few more than I've done on the same machine.

I've taught college-level courses in BASIC, PASCAL, COBOL, FORTRAN, and
PL/I.

Since this seems to have turned into "post your resume":

I have taught at least BASIC, COBOL, FORTRAN, APL, and assembly language. Never taught Pascal, but I wrote a manual for it. Written a program or two or several in PL/I, Algol, LISP, RPG, and probably some others I have forgotten. In addition to some of the usual stuff (VB, VC++, assembler) and the Visual FORTRAN I've mentioned before, I have Smalltalk on this machine but I've yet to get around to doing anything with it . . .

-- Ronn! :)

Almighty Ruler of the all,
Whose Power extends to great and small,
Who guides the stars with steadfast law,
Whose least creation fills with awe,
O grant thy mercy and thy grace,
To those who venture into space.

(Robert A. Heinlein's added verse to the Navy Hymn)