Just finished reading the text of Bush's speech.

So, 48 hours -- I wish Saddam would take exile, but
that seems extremely unlikely.

Things that should have happened and didn't -- US
diplomacy before bullying, UN Security Council taking
firmer steps to convince SH that they meant *real*
disarmament, SH realizing that he'd been
out-chickened.

So.  War.  Strained relations with friends, allies and
neutrals for the US.  Loss of both face and relevance
for the UN.  Potential for disaster according to other
posters (mass civilian casualties, torched oilfields,
etc.) -- I devoutly hope not, for everyone's sake.  I
hope the outcome is as rosy as some have posited.

Time to sign off and try to sleep.

Debbi