----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronn!Blankenship" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 5:55 AM
Subject: Re: Ah...My Favorite Topic - Books (Was Question about Spoilers)

At 06:13 PM 3/18/03 +0900, G. D. Akin wrote:

>I have all of these but something keeps jumping past them in my want to
read
>list.  I've been putting off Delany because my one experience with him was
>"Dahlgren" -- HATED IT!

After many years of hearing comments on it, I finally heard from _one_
person who claimed to have read more than approximately the first 100
pages.  In fact, he claimed to have actually finished the whole book.

========================

I read it through, twice, as a teenager and thought it was very "deep".
Later went back to it again and couldn't figure out why I was so impressed.
The same thing happened with Zelazny, although I still treasure certain of
his work in my collection.

Gene Wolfe, among others, has commanded a considerable amount of respect
from me for quite a while (I mention that because someone (William?) at
another point in this thread has The Claw of the Conciliator on a "to read"
list, and I would heartily recommend the entire New Sun tetrad, *especially*
if you're down to 20 reads a year).  I never know, though, when I'm going to
again. It always saddens me, because I remember how much fun it was back in
the day.

Tom