Steve Sloan II wrote:

Julia Thompson wrote:

> OK, I haven't read Gateway yet (wasn't there a book
> preceding it that I really ought to read first?),

Nope, Gateway is the first book in the series. I think there may be one or two short stories in _The Gateway Trip_ that were *set* before Gateway, but they were written later. __________________________________________________

I highly recommend the Heechee Saga. Talking about them makes me want to reread them, but as talking about Stranger in a Strange Land and The Chronicles of TC the U, have me reading those already, it may be a while.

Doug

Who remembers having a hard time finding _one_ good book to read before brin-l.