So, Israel puts *all* of its prisoners in solitary confinement? Every jailed
criminal (from thieves to burglars to kidnappers to murderers to spies) get
locked up in a cell without daylight* and without being allowed any contact
with the outside world?

If you do, thus violating their basic human rights, why don't you just shoot
them? You'd still be violating human rights, but at least you'll spare
yourself the costs of building and maintaining prisons and feeding your
prisoners.

Knowing you a bit, you'll probably find that an excellent idea...

*If you have been paying attention in Biology class, you will remember that
pretty much all land-based living creatures on this planet *need* sunlight.
You may also remember that for humans, contact with others of their species
is vital to their survival. Humans aren't solitary animals, we're herd
animals.

> <<Personal comment>
> A six by nine foot cell. My *bedroom* is bigger than that. My
> mother-in-law's *bathroom* is bigger than that. And both have
> a window.
> </Personal comment>>>
>
> I wrote
> <<Last time I looked - you were not jailed criminal. Has it changed?>>
>
> Jeroen ignored my question and wrote
> <<I challenge you to spend one *month* locked up in a six by nine foot
> windowless room, without being allowed contact with others. Then we'll
> talk again.>>
>
> *I* am nota criminal.

No, but if you would accept the challenge and go live in those conditions
for a month, you would at least know what you're talking about.

And no, I am not a jailed criminal.

> <<Do you remember, that I asked you to look at Israel on the world map?
> Do you remember your answer? Because if you don't - I ask you to do this
> again. And *then* tell again, that we can use nuclear weapons without
> committing suicide.>>
>
> Jeroen wrote
> <<If using nuclear weapons would be suicide for Israel, why did it turn
> itself into a country with the world's sixth largest nuclear arsenal?
> Building up such an arsenal when you know you'll never be able to use it
> is basically just a huge waste of time, money and other resources.>>
>
> Which I take as "no, I don't remember"

You didn't answer the question. Why did Israel build up such a huge arsenal
of nuclear weapons, if using them would be suicide?

> <<Remind me, pls, when Israel threatened *anybody* with non-conventional
> weapons?
>
> Jeroen wrote
> <<Israel didn't threaten with them, they *used* them.>>
>
> Check your sources (or is it follow ups?) It was proven as mass
> hysteria.

Can you provide a link to that proof?

Personally, I have a hard time interpreting the sight of people shaking all
over in a hospital bed as "mass hysteria". I also have difficulty believing
it *was* mass hysteria, given the BBC's excellent reputation wrt journalism.
If it was later proven to be mass hysteria, I'm sure it would have been
mentioned in the documentary.

> I wrote
> <<Anyway, Thanx to Vaanunu and to Klinberg *everybody* knows where
> Israeli research centers are - no real challenge.>>
>
> Jeroen wrote
> <<We know where they are. Now we need to figure out exactly what goes on
> there, where and how large Israel's stockpiles of nuclear, biological
> and chemical weapons are, and then destroy them (the WMD's, not the
> Israelis).
> Give me *one* good reason why a country should have *undeclared*
> nuclear, biological and chemical weapons, and *no* outside
> inspections.>>
>
> Give me one reason why this is any business of yours.

If Israel decides to use its WMD's, the whole world will feel the
consequences. I live in that world, which *makes* it my business. So, why
should Israel have undeclared WMD's and no outside inspections?

If a country's arsenal of WMD's is nobody else's business, why did the US
consider Iraq's *alleged* arsenal of WMD's a reason to go to war?

Jeroen "No Nukes" van Baardwijk