http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/page.cfm?objectid=12789699&method=full&si
teid=86024

WAR ON IRAQ: BRITS TOLD: PRAY FOR THE PRESIDENT

Paul Mcmullan With The British Harrier Force In The Desert

MARINES facing battle are being asked to pray for President Bush - and to
write to him to tell him of their devotion.

Evangelical group In Touch Ministries have sent thousands of pamphlets
called A Christian's Duty to Marines serving in the Gulf.

The prayer book includes a tear-off section addressed to President Bush
at the White House. It reads: "Dear President Bush, I would like you to
know that I have committed to pray for you, your family, your staff and
our troops during this time of uncertainty and tumult.

"May God's peace be your guide."

The pamphlet gives the troops a new prayer to say every day.

Today's is : "Pray that the president and his advisers will seek God and
his wisdom daily and not rely on their own understanding." Tomorrow's
reads: "Pray that the president and his advisers will be strong and
courageous to do what is right regardless of critics."

The leaflet also includes Bible texts, such as: "Remind them to be
subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every
good deed..."