> On that note, that should be really religious _Christians_. Judaism has
> never had any kind of principle for "turn the other cheek". It's more "an
> eye for an eye".

Except the rabbinical commentators always stated that the law didn't *really*
demand such strict retribution. I'm not a Torah or Talmud scholar, but we
_can_ "turn the other cheek" if we want to. But forgiveness requires true
repentance, which obviously is not going to happen here.

As I said previously, my prayers are for the innocent suffering people of
Iraq (as well as for the allied forces attempting to bring some measure of
liberation to that country). Saddam Hussein has, by his own malignant
efforts, put himself essentially beyond hope of redemption. If prayer could
change his heart, it would have happened by now. I'm not wasting my time
praying for him or his murderous crew.

Tom Beck

www.prydonians.org
www.mercerjewishsingles.org

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed I'd see the
last." - Dr Jerry Pournelle