"Ronn!Blankenship" wrote:

> At 11:13 PM 6/3/03 -0500, Julia Thompson wrote:
> >
> >The problem with binoculars, or anything else that's not mounted on a
> >stand, is keeping things steady.  What I found worked best for me,
> >anyway, was leaning my elbows on a car one way or another.  Sitting on
> >the trunk, leaning back on the back window and having the elbows on the
> >car that way is a little awkward, but did a decent job of steadying me
> >the last time I tried it (which was sometime in the past 9 years).  Just
> >leaning on the hood or the trunk and parking my elbows there worked
> >reasonably well for stuff near the horizon.  If you've got some other
> >way that works to keep things steady, use that (and let me know what it
> >is!).
>
> Yes.  It's called a "tripod" . . .
>
> -- Ronn! :)

OK, I'm not sure how you'd attach one to the binoculars we have.

We have at least 1, if not 2, tripods intended to be used for cameras.

(We also have a monopod, which doesn't hold the camera quite as steady,
but which is a lot more portable and works well enough for outdoor
photography that it's seen a fair bit of use.  And what am I saying "we"
for?  They're Dan's....)

        Julia