On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 08:40:12AM -0700, Gautam Mukunda wrote:

> than some hypothetical perfection - and I'd like to see you (or anyone
> else) try to run something this complex at anything even vaguely
> approaching a similar level of success - what are you basing _your_
> judgments on?

If I thought I could do that, then I would be pursuing a political
career. I can't (or at least won't), but I live in a democracy (no
semantic arguments please, you know what I mean) of almost 300M people,
one which I'm sure you'd agree has some of the most capable people ever
to live on Earth. I expect a great deal from those chosen to lead our
country, not perfection, but constantly striving towards perfection. I
just don't see that happening with the current administration.

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/