On 29 Jun 2003 at 17:33, Gautam Mukunda wrote:

> All of this excluding England, of course, which _has_
> fixed its pension problem, and at least has healthier
> demographics than the rest of Europe, if not as good
> as the US.

Umm?

No, we have NOT. Germany has, by offloading it entirely onto
individuals, essentially forcing them to pay as they work for their
retirement. It did that some time ago, and looks to be okay.

The UK, on the other hand, has an large mass of older people about to
reach retirement age who do NOT have sufficient - or any - retirement
cover. They are *seriously* talking about raising the retirement age
because of that, in the near-term.

Andy
Dawn Falcon