> Even worse, I have heard it said that the US Administration did not
    > have proper back up plans ...

    Maybe.  The argument that every plan we made needs to
    go flawlessly or it's a failure is, simply, one to
    which I don't lend much credence.

I agree. But that is not what I was talking about.  Please focus on
the topic.

I talked about the failure to have *backup* plans.  Personally, I
expect plans to fail, hence the need for backup plans.

    ... their ability to adapt and learn a new strategy has been
    nothing short of astonishing.

But it is also `nothing short of astonishing' that the US
Administration did not have a `Plan B' *already* worked out.  Why the
need to adapt and learn after the fact, especially when there are
people in the US Army, among other places, who have experience and who
can and do expect to work out `Plans B, C, and D'?

    http://www.teak.cc                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]