On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 11:27:44AM +1000, Russell Chapman wrote:

> I don't understand this - every time I sell something on eBay I give
> away my bank account info for them to put the funds into. How does the
> bank account info help them?

I'm just guessing, but maybe a con man could figure out a way to contact
your bank and con them into wiring money from your account to an account
that he can take the money out of? Or if it is a checking account, maybe
a con man could print fake checks drawn on your account? Whatever the
scheme, I guess they are probably looking for accounts with certain
banks which they either have inside contacts with or otherwise know that
their security is poor.

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/