On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 01:02:00PM +0000, Robert J. Chassell wrote:

> From what I have heard, US interrogators are contemptuous of old
> fashioned torture since almost everyone who knows anything will die
> first.

Really? I have heard many people claim that "everybody talks" when
tortured. In the movies, the tortures that are applied seem so tame
and unimaginative. Perhaps I have an unusually sadistic imagination,
but I can imagine tortures that I don't think anyone could possibly
endure without talking. (They could give false information, of course,
but the torturer would make it clear that their information would be
spot-checked and if it did not check out the torturer would be back)

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/