At 09:24 AM 7/25/03 -0400, Erik Reuter wrote:
On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 01:02:00PM +0000, Robert J. Chassell wrote:

> From what I have heard, US interrogators are contemptuous of old
> fashioned torture since almost everyone who knows anything will die
> first.

Really? I have heard many people claim that "everybody talks" when
tortured. In the movies, the tortures that are applied seem so tame
and unimaginative.

Possibly because there are limits on what can be shown in even R-rated movies, and with very few exceptions an NC-17 rating is economically disastrous.

Perhaps I have an unusually sadistic imagination,
but I can imagine tortures that I don't think anyone could possibly
endure without talking.

And could the movie audience endure them without barfing and walking out?

Relax Kid: It's Only A Movie Maru

--Ronn! :)

I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon.
I never dreamed that I would see the last.
        --Dr. Jerry Pournelle