At 03:36 PM 7/26/03 -0700, Jan Coffey wrote:

--- Reggie Bautista <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bryon wrote:
> >I think it'd be more fun
> >to mount a jumbo AC fan on the side...  :-)
>
> As long as either your hard drive or you fan motor are magnetically
> shielded
> well enough... :-)

I have two computers that get used most frequently. One is a Clariion audio
computer which is not the latest grates, but runs quite for studio recording.

It has 1 (ONE) fan and never has heating problems. 845 chipset 2.2 Ghz. You
cn't even tell that it's on. The micropone however still picks up a lot of
noise so I wired keyboard, mouse, 2 monitors, audio breakout cable, midi
switch cable, usb, and firewire to wall outlets and the computer sits in an
un-airconditioned cclosed loset with soundproof lyning.

The other machine is a game machine with a 2.4 Ghz HT (C) 12 fans total,
radon 9800 pro with component hdtv video out via a dvi to component
converter. 895p chipset, Giant aluminium case. The thing sounds like an air
conditioning unit.

My next project is to make the vieocentric computer more quit so I can
actualy use it in a Qubase network. Even being on a differnt floor and the
other side of the house form the studio I can't have it on while recording.

Water cooled is definaly a possible first step. Anyone have any other ideas
for keeping the video card cool? Anyone know of a 450W power supply with a
quiet fan?

Um, one in a different room?

--Ronn! :)

I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon.
I never dreamed that I would see the last.
        --Dr. Jerry Pournelle