Erik Reuter wrote:

There are plenty of specifically designed watercooling systems
designed for overclocked PCs, which just replace the heatsink/fan unit
with a coupler, and run the pump and radiator separately.

But that doesn't do a lot to cool your hard drive(s) or graphics cards.

I've seen it used (on the web, not in R/L) for graphics cards. HDD cooling is simpler, those little thermal control cradles are so effective and so quiet. We use them on all our servers, but I've also ended up with some semi-retired ones for my home PC, and you can't hear them when the fans do kick in. (My semi-retired one gets some comments coz the temperature readout on the front shows 188 deg C for one cradle and 35 deg C on the other).

Cheers
Russell C.