--- Matt Grimaldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Erik Reuter wrote:
> > Julia Thompson wrote:

> > > <rest snipped>
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > (All this snipping is reminding me of the story
> about the 3 mythical
> > women who cut the strings of people's lives when
> their time is up)
> >

> "The Loom of Thelassy"  (sp?)

I liked that short story.  I didn't like the original
Greek one -- was there perhaps a similar Nordic myth
also?...  -- at any rate, the notion of predestination
and one's fate being entirely in another's hands is
anathema to me.  But I guess that just means I'm
thoroughly indoctrinated with one of our 'Western'
memes...  :)

Karma Or Free Will Maru