--- Doug Pensinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Julia Thompson wrote:
> > Jan Coffey wrote:
> >

> >>Now, would anyone like to actually talk about the article for which this
> >>thread is titled?
> >

> > Hm.  After a bit of thinking, I have:
> >
> > 1)  Automatically assumes that anyone disagreeing on a particular point
> > takes the *extreme* position in the direction of the disagreement.
> >
> > 2)  Assumes that everyone else thinks the way they do, and has the same
> > strengths and weaknesses, as well.
> >
> > 3)  Has a chip on the shoulder about some particular issue.
> >
> > That's all I have so far.  Anyone else?
>

> 4) Jumps into a thread with highly opinionated and/or confrontational

Once again I am assuming from the context that you are addressing me
specifically. so in response.

I am generally not very opinionated, in fact I am very comfortable running
through an issue in a state of flux. Making points from all sides, and
changing my "running meeter" of sincerity. I.E. my opinions (like many on
this list BTW) don't stay the same from day to day, and seldom fit nicely
into "the box".

Confrontational? hmmm? Likely to be disagreed with maybe, but confrontational
holds a connotation that I have that response because I am looking to start a
fight, or enjoy argument for argument's sake. And that just isn't the case.

Without reading all of the posts.... Well I sometimes do get behind and try
and catch up and jump in the middle of something, but I also generally do
read all of the posts up to the point where I am responding. The posts which
come afterwords are future posts to the ones that I am responding to, even
though they have already been made. If you read the list in linear fashion
this could be construed as you say. However, if you read it in thread
fashion, then you would see that this it is not the case.

=====