Deborah Harrell wrote:

> 3)  You will not allow people to 'back off' from a
> dispute, but instead try to re-engage the 'hapless
> victim' in an escalating war of words - which you seem
> to want to win quite badly.

Actually, he *will* let people "back off" if they choose to just drop
it.  If he's aggressively trying to pin someone down on a logical answer
and that person just stops responding to his posts, he doesn't go after
them further.  While this may not be the most pleasant resolution, there
are more unpleasant resolutions possible, and I give him credit for at
least avoiding those.

If anyone truly walks away from a disagreement with Erik by not
responding, he'll let it go.  He'll only fight as long as you put up
resistance, and will not bother you for an answer in other ways.

        Julia