> If someone doesn't join or continue in a discussion
> because they're unwilling to face your acidity, that
> is a loss to the list.  You have politely corrected
> people in the past, and that enhances the list -

I think this is one of the most important statemts made on this topic.
Whether Yo like it or not, whether it is correct or not Erik you ~are~
comeing off as if you wish to "win" an "argument" by andy means necisary.

You have said many times that this is not Ego Driven and that it is others
ego which make it apear that way to them. You may be correct about this, but
in the end it doesn't matter. What does matter is the perception.

Believe me, I would not even be saying anything along this line if I didn't
know this particular trait from both sides. And that is in fact why I suggest
to you that you do in fact respond from Ego at times. Not usualy, but enough
to make even me recognize it. And that (even if I do say so myself :) is
saying quite a lot. { you have so much fun presenting ambiguous logical
systems so I figured you would have fun with this paragraph...second level of
humor intended }

Aditionaly, when you....your claws come out....You tend to shut down
discussions that might have been interesting otherwise. And that has a
greater negative effect. At some level you have to understand that you can
contribute constructivly or destructivly.

In hindsite the thread for which this post is titled was efectivly shut down
by me taking something a bit too seriously and being far to hasty about
comeing to that conclusion. My actions, while intending to be constructive,
actualy were destructive. So I am not acusing you of doing anything others do
not do. However, in some small way, you must also share some of the
responsability for that, (say %10 or so) becouse it was your doing which
created the atmosphere. Even if it was not your intention to do so.

So, take a step back and look at the bigger picture. I know I am cetailny
trying to.

=====